Configure Invitation to System Email
How to configure the email that is sent to users to prompt them to create a password to access the Bullseye admin.
|Requirements: All paid subscriptions|
When you set up a user in the Bullseye admin, Bullseye will invite the user to create a password to access the system. You have the ability to configure this email as needed.
1. Modify Default Theme
If you haven't already done so, modify the default them to give your email the look and feel you want, and to apply your branding. For instructions, see Customize Email Themes.
2. Edit Template Settings
- Click Settings > Email Settings.
- Click the Editlink next to the Invitation to the System template:
- On theSettings tab, configure the available fields.
Theme : The design theme to be applied to this template.
From Address: The address that the recipient will see as the "from" address; e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: If your from address includes your own email domain, you will need to create DNS records that allow Bullseye to send email on your behalf. Please contact Bullseye Locations for assistance.
From Name: The name that the recipient will see as the "from" name, associated with the From Address; e.g., "Yourcompany Customer Support."
Subject: The subject line of the email; e.g., "Please Create a Password"
- Click Save to save your settings.
3. Edit Template Body
- Click the Body tab
- Edit the content of your email using the WYSIWYG editor. Remember that background styling, header image, footer text, etc., can be standardized in the theme. See Customize Email Themes for more information.
- Use the merge fields drop-down in the WYSIWYG editor to insert dynamic content into your email. Available merge options are:
[companyName] - the business name of the associated Bullseye account
[AcceptInviteLink] - the link the user will click to accept and access the Bullseye account
[FullName] - the full name of the user who has invited the new user
- Click Save to save your settings
4. Preview Your Email
- Click the Previewbutton to preview your email content and theme. Note that the preview will not include dynamic merge content.
- Click the X in the upper right corner of the preview to close the window and return to the edit screen.
5. Test Your Email
- Click the Test button to initiate an actual email test of your content and theme. Note that this test will not include dynamic merge content.
- Enter one or email addresses (separated by semicolons) to receive the test email.
- Click Send Test to send the test email.
- When you are finished, click Save and Close to return to the list of templates.