Searches by Location
Show the number of search by locations along with engagement metrics.
|Requirements: Any paid subscription|
Add a Responsive Interface to your Site
The locations report allows you to see how much exposure your locations are getting in searches. This report displays the number of times a locator is viewed in the search results. In addition, we report on when a user clicks on a variety of elements on the location's record.
Interfaces can be configured to integrate with Google Analytics, in which case the engagement metrics of this report will be displayed in the linked Google Analytics account. See how to add Google Analytics to an interface in Add a Responsive Interface to Your Site.
Note that the screenshots in this article are from an account that has translated the Location label to read “Teachers.” The report name is based on this label, which is configured in Settings > Setup > Labels.
Here’s an example of the Searches by Location report:
The line chart at the top illustrates user behavior by showing when a user clicks on a variety of elements on the location's record:
- Viewed-Shows how many times a location is viewed or displayed in the search results.
- Email Clicked-Shows how many clicks on the email address of the location.
- URL Clicked-Shows how many clicks on the web site url of the location.
- Results Clicked-Shows how many clicks on the actual record of the location in the search results (the list).
- Map Clicked-Shows how many clicks on the location's map point on the map.
- Directions Clicked-Shows how many clicks on the location's directions link on the map.
- Phone Number Clicked-Shows how many clicks on the location's phone number on mobile, or the phone number link on desktop if the interface is configured to mask the phone number with a link.
- More Info Clicked-If the interface is configures with Local Pages, this shows how many clicks on the location's More Info link, which opens the location's Local Page.
It is possible to limit results on the line chart by clicking on the various behavior elements to hide them. In the screenshot below, only clicks on the map and directions link are shown on the line chart:
Below the line chart you’ll see a table of all locations.
Unique to the Searches by Location report, it is possible to limit the table results to a specific dimension - like Categories, Sources, or Interface.
There are many tools that are common to many of our reports, and are covered in more detail separately in the Report Tools Knowledge Base article.