Create Custom Attributes to contain additional information that pertains to locations or lead forms
Requirements: Available in Premium Subscriptions
Sometimes companies need to include additional information in their locator's search results that is not covered in our standard fields. For example, you may want to include a description of each location, allowing each store to let the public know some details about their store.
Other companies who use our Lead Manager may want to use custom attributes to create additional fields to capture lead information that is not included in our standard fields when they build a lead form.
For store locators, Bullseye's standard web interfaces allow companies to display custom attributes on a detail/landing page. You may also create a custom store locator interface using our API and use attributes to return data that is not covered in our standard fields.
Custom attributes can be entered in 7 different formats:
- Text: Use for short text information.
- Memo: Use for long text information, paragraphs, etc. where a description is required.
- Numeric: Use for numeric data.
- Yes/No: Use for either/or scenarios (i.e. “Does this location accept credit cards?”)
- Radio Group: Recommended for Lead Manager forms, when you want users to select a single option from a list of more than one options.
- Drop Down: Recommended for Lead Manager forms, when you want users to select a single option from a drop down list of more than one options.
- Checkbox Goup: Recommended for Lead Manager forms when you want users to be able to select one or more options from a list of more than one options.
- Link: Use to put an active link to a website. You can include display text that is different from the url itself (used for locations only).
How to Add a Custom Attribute
Go to Settings>Attributes and select Add Attribute. You will be taken to the Add Attribute page. Type in the name of the attribute, and select the appropriate field type. For the field types text, memo, numeric, yes/no, and link, simply select Save after you select the field type. You will now be able to enter data in this newly created field.
For the field types drop down, radio group, and checkbox, you will need to enter additional information. After you select the field type, the following screen will appear:
Simply enter an option next to the “name” field and and select Add Option. Each option will appear as an item in a list. Repeat for all options. You can edit or remove options as needed. When you are done, select Save. Note that the entered options can be deactivated, after you save them. This allows you to make edits to a particular options while keeping the other options intact. You will not be able to delete attributes if you have locations with data in these attribute fields. Data must be removed from the fields in all location records before the attributes are deleted.
For location-based attributes, you will see the data for the attributes on the landing page for each location. You will need to turn on the landing pages by going to Interfaces, then select Edit on the appropriate interface, then Options. Under the Results heading there is a check box to display the landing pages. Select Display Landing Page, and save the interface.
Upload Data for Attributes
Once you have entered the attributes into Bullseye, you can use the .csv upload to upload attribute data if you need to upload the data for multiple locations. See the upload locations article provided above.