Set Up Users within Bullseye to perform specific roles within your Bullseye account.
Requirements: Custom roles require a User Manager Subscription. Default roles are included in all subscriptions.
Also see Manage Welcome Email
Bullseye allows companies to enter different types of users into their account, depending upon the tasks they need to take care of in Bullseye. Here are a few examples of how different companies use Bullseye in relation to users:
- A retailer with 2,000 retail outlets who manages all dealers by a single company employee who uploads new dealers each month in a .CSV fie.
- An insurance company with 300 insurance reps who allow the reps to create their own Bullseye logins and make updates to their location on their own.
- A manufacturer with 200 independent dealers who are managed by 10 regional reps who login to Bullseye to receive leads and update location information.
Bullseye is able to accommodate each of these scenarios by allowing companies to create users that can take care of the appropriate tasks. Let's look at how the users function, then add a user:
There are 4 default roles (users). These are:
- Administrator: Has access to all functionality in your account, including the ability to create users of all roles. Often, the most important task of this user is to maintain locations. When a company signs up for a Bullseye account as a trial, or subscription, the initial login they create when they sign up will be this type of user.
- Account User: Has access to all functionality in your account (performs all tasks of the administrator), except the ability to create other administrators, manage the account settings and see certain reports.
- Location Administrator: Has access to all functionality in relation to locations, including the ability to create other location admins and location users. This user is able to add, edit, and delete information that pertains to their location.
- Location User: Has access to all functionality in relation to locations (like the Location Admin), except the ability to create other users.
Note that the permissions granted to these users are predefined, unless you subscribe to a User Management subscription, which would allow you to selectively assign permissions to users. Default roles are not ideal in certain situations. For example, if you have regional reps who manage multiple locations, custom roles would work better. View Custom Roles for more information on this.
How to Add a User one at a Time
Let's add an administrator. You can create this type of user after logging in as an existing administrator account. To create the user as an administrator, go to Users which is the last item in the left navigation. You will see a screen similar to below:
The Manage users screen allows you to search for existing users by a variety of criteria:
- First/Last Name
- Username (Email)
- User Role
- Outstanding Invites (Once you create a user, an email will go out to them inviting them to create the login. Users who have not responded to the email will show up under this filter if you search.)
You may also add users via this screen. Select Add User, and you will see the following:
Under User Details, select Administrator in the User Role dropdown, and enter the email address of the person at the location who will login to Bullseye. Select Invite. A note will pop up briefly letting you know the user has been added. An email will also be sent to the user that looks like this:
When the user clicks on Accept this invitation, they can create their login information. The email address you entered will be used for their username. They can also add their name and password:
When they select Get Started, they will login to Bullseye by selecting Login when this message is displayed:
They will be able to login and can perform all tasks that administrators perform.
Create Other Types of Users
The other standard roles are created the same way you would create a location admin from inside your Bullseye account. Just be sure to choose the correct user role from the drop down menu.