Configure the automated email sent by Bullseye when a user clicks the "Forgot Password?" link on the login page.
Required: Web Plus or higher subscription.
Note: Your custom password recovery email will be sent only if the user requests it from the Bullseye subdomain that is specified for your account. I.e., if the user goes to https://yourdomain.bullseyelocations.com to request the password, they will get the custom email; if they go to the generic https://app.bullseyelocations.com, they will receive the default Bullseye email.
1. Modify Default Theme
If you haven't already done so, modify the default them to give your email the look and feel you want, and to apply your branding. For instructions, see Customize Email Themes.
2. Edit Template Settings
- Click Settings >> Email Settings.
- Click the Edit link next to the Password Recovery template.
- On the Settings tab, configure the available fields.
||The design theme to be applied to this template.
||The address that the recipient will see as the "from" address; e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: If your from address includes your own email domain, you will need to create DNS records that allow Bullseye to send email on your behalf. Please contact Bullseye Locations for assistance.
||The name that the recipient will see as the "from" name, associated with the From Address; e.g., "Yourcompany Customer Support."
||The subject line of the email; e.g., "Your Bullseye Password."
- Click Save to save your settings.
3. Edit Template Body
- Click the Body tab
- Edit the content of your email using the WYSIWYG editor. Remember that background styling, header image, footer text, etc., can be standardized in the theme. See Customize Email Themes for more information.
- Use the merge fields drop-down in the WYSIWYG editor to insert dynamic content into your email. Available merge options are:
- [username] - the user's username
- [password] - the user's password
- [companyName] - the business name of the associated Bullseye account
- Click Save to save your settings
4. Preview Your Email
- Click the Preview button to preview your email content and theme. Note that the preview will not include dynamic merge content.
- Click the X in the upper right corner of the preview to close the window and return to the edit screen.
5. Test Your Email
- Click the Test button to initiate an actual email test of your content and theme. Note that this test will not include dynamic merge content.
- Enter one or email addresses (separated by semicolons) to receive the test email.
- Click Send Test to send the test email.
- When you are finished, click Save and Close to return to the list of templates.
6. Live Test Your Email
- Click the Log out link in the upper right corner of the screen to log out of the Bullseye admin. You should automatically be returned to the login screen.
- Click the Forgot password? link.
- Enter your email address (the one associated with your Bullseye account) and click SUBMIT.
- Check your email inbox to view the email.