Create custom lead entry forms within Bullseye to allow customers to submit their information to your locations.
Required: Lead Manager subscription
Before you read this article: please make sure you are familiar with our other Lead Manager documentation. An overview with links to related topics can be found here: Getting Started: Bullseye Lead Manager Overview
Bullseye allows you to create custom forms to allow leads to submit their information to dealers. The lead can access the form either by clicking on a link the search results of a standard interface (see Add Lead Collection to your Store Locator) or by opening a stand-alone lead collection form (see Publish a Stand-Alone Lead Collection Form).
Follow these steps to customize a lead entry form:
1. Open a Form for Editing
To set up configurable forms within Bullseye, go to Interfaces>Forms in the left navigation of your Lead Manager account. You will see a screen similar to below:
You can create a new form or work with an existing form. To create a new form, click the + Add Form button. To edit an existing form, select Edit next to the form that has the Lead Type "Location." We will edit an existing form for this article.
2. Configure Form Fields
When you select edit, you will see a screen like the following:
Add/Remove Form Fields:
First, you need to select which fields will appear in your form. You can add standard fields on the left by checking them off, then select Add Selected. The field you add will appear on the right. To remove fields, check the appropriate field on the right side, then select Remove Selected. The field will show up on the left after it is removed.
Edit Form Fields
You may want to edit the name of the fields. If so, select edit on the right for the appropriate field, and simply change the name. The example above shows the email field in process of being edited. You can also make the field required or not required by checking yes or no as in the example above. Select save next to the field when you are done.
You may want to allow the user to indicate their interest in specific categories. For instance if a lead is looking for a particular product, you could allow them to choose the category in the form to let the dealer know what product they are looking for.
If you need to add additional fields, this can be done by adding a custom attribute. We suggest creating your custom attributes before building the form. Once they are created, you will see the attributes in the form builder, and you can add them as you add other fields.
When you have configured your fields, select the Form Settings tab at the top.
3. Configure Form Settings
After selecting Form Settings, you will see the screen below:
Lead Type: Select Location to collect leads for your Lead Management subscription. (The Event option is for event registration; see Create Custom Lead Entry Forms for Event Registration for more information.)
- Form Name: Name your form as appropriate. This is the identifier for the form that you will see when you look for it in the Bullseye admin.
- Form Title: This is the title that your web traffic will see at the top of the form when they fill it out.
- Lead Source: You can track your leads by source. By default, the source is "web". You can also configure your own lead source if you want to see how many leads come from a particular form. First you will need to add a lead source. After that, select the correct Lead Source in the drop down menu here.
- Thank You Message for Leads: This is an optional email message that gets sent to the lead after they submit their information. You can edit the contents of the email by going to Settings>Email Settings on the top right admin menu. If you want to activate this email, simply turn this email on as needed.
- You've Got Leads Email for Dealers: This is an optional email that can be sent to a location to let them know a lead has been submitted. It can be edited under Settings>Email Settings on the top right admin menu. Simply turn on/off as needed. Note that in order for this email to be sent, the location needs to have an email address associated with it (either in the username/email field, or contact email field; if the username/email field is used, the email address must be unique, and a password must be included).
- CSS Form Styles: You can enter your own CSS form styles in this field to alter the styles on the form to match your website. Simply paste the code in the field.
- Message After Form is Submitted: Enter the message you want your leads to see in the form window after they submit the form.
- Captcha: Enable the Captcha option to discourage spammers from sending robots to your form with bogus lead information.
- Submission URL: If you would like to send the lead to a URL after they submit the form, instead of displaying a thank you message, you can enter a web URL here.
4. Save the Form
At any time during the configuration of your form, you can select Save to save your changes. When you are done configuring the form, select Save and Close to return to the list of forms.
5. Implement the Form
Lead entry forms typically are used to collect leads in one of two ways:
Add the form directly to your dealer locator form, so customers can select the location they want to use and send an inquiry directly to that dealer. See Add Lead Collection to your Store Locator for more information.
- Add the form to a stand-alone lead collection page, where customers enter their information into the form separate from a dealer locator, and the leads get distributed to dealers based on configured lead routing rules. This method uses options available in the Publish tab of the form builder interface; see Publish a Stand-Alone Lead Collection Form for more information.